Welcome to the 1000 Petals blog
: By Sharaha Amitabh
In Its literal meaning the word Mantra Means ‘ Revealed Sound’. The ‘ beej’ Mantras are the primordial sounds which develop without a language barrier in the ancient times. Oldest Reference of Beej mantras are found in the old Vedic scriptures, which are more than 8,000 years old.
It is said that these sounds were revealed to the seekers (Rishis) and other psychic beings where their consciousness itself had expanded with deep meditation and nothing but the sound was revealed with the inner light.
So what is a Beej Mantra?
A mantra is a spoken vibration of sound. A Beej Mantra does not have any specific meaning. But its power is not in the words, but in the sound vibrations it creates when the mantra is uttered verbally or when it’s generated in the mind where it starts resonating first.
How do Mantras work?
Now imagine this… if I kept a glass of water in front of a huge speaker and turned the music on, of course the water will vibrate with the sound frequency.
We know scientifically that we are made of 70 Percent water. Then why wont we vibrate if at all the sound is generated within us itself?
These vibrations in turn help your chakras or the energy centers to tune and resonate perfectly. They also align the chakras perfectly if practiced with diligence (totality).
Mantra brings a state of balance and resonance between the individual and the depths of his inner being. They allow the individual to unleash inner cosmic powers, forces and knowledge. The sound patterns of the mantra stimulate a certain effect on the mental, physical and psychic nature of an individual. Each mantra will create, or draw out, a specific symbol within one’s psyche.
Are beej Mantras Religious Practice?
There are two important points in regards to mantras that should be taken into account. Firstly, mantra should never be misunderstood to be the name of a particular god of a particular religion. There should be no conflict between your religion and mantra. Many people think they cannot repeat Om Namah Shivaya because they would be reciting the name of a Hindu god when they are Christian or Muslim.
Secondly, a mantra cannot be translated. Translation alters the sound. Even though mantras are found in Hinduism, in Buddhism, Catholicism, in Islam and among the Parsis and other religions and sects, they are never translated. If you change the succession and order of the sounds, the mantra ceases to be a mantra. If you translate the words you may have a very beautiful prayer, but not a mantra.
How much And when ?
Mantras for spiritual evolution must be practiced for a set amount of time every day. If the mantra is repeated too much, it will affect the whole system, and those who are very psychic, sensitive, unstable, or subject to hallucinations, may not be prepared for that at all. If you regularly repeat the mantra for ten minutes daily, within a few days you will know if you are oversensitive and whether the mantra is impressing your mind to a larger of lesser extent.
To know the exact amount of time for the recital please get your chakra analysis done at @1000 Petals. With the chakra analysis you will come to know which chakra you need to work more on.
Click here to understand more about our fantastic chakra analysis Biowell Camera.
- The mantras are 7 in accordance to the energy centers or the chakras.
For more information on chakras click here: Chakra analysis @ 1000 Petals
- 7 Mudras correspond to the 7-beej mantras
To know more about the mudras. Click here: Chakra analysis @1000 Petals
7 bandhas are to be practiced with these mudras and mantras making it a tantra (Tan = physical and ethereal Body) (Tra = Shas_ tra = science) Science of the physical and the ethereal body.
We will talk about the bandhas once you finish a diligent 21-day practice and join our intensive courses.
- Recite each mantra 7 times is when you begin to practice.
- Recite each mantra 21 times by the completion of the intensive course.
To know more about our intensive course click here
Here is your corresponding sheet for this meditation:
Print and laminate this sheet for easy referral
This specific Tantra is supposed to be done first thing in the morning post your shower. Takes about 25 Minutes to complete.
- Sit down in a sukhasana pose with your back erect and the neck and head aligned and held high.
- Focus on the energy center position and its significant color.
- Hold the Mudra for the root chakra
- Breathe in and let your navel be filled with breath (Pranic breathing) it should feel like you are igniting every chakra by sending the breath to its corresponding location in the body.
- On the exhalation say the mantra loud and clear so that it can vibrate with sound.
- Repeat the mantra 7 times for each chakra at least, with complete awareness and diligence.
- Remember that there should be no gap in the recitation. Every breath you take, the exhalation should be with the mantra.
- Open your eyes if required to understand the mantra and mudra between shifts of every mantra recital.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes post the all the 7-chakra recital. Feel the energy moving inside you.
- Go out into the world in bliss and harmony.
42 days is the minimum practice without any gaps.
If you miss one day, please get back to this tantra the next day itself. Do not have a gap of more than 48 hours at any cost.
This is one of the most amazing thing to do in Bangalore.
Welcome to the world of absolute balance and bliss.
To enhance your meditation to a next level, connect with us at 1000 Petals.